Hello there, once again I am back with another blog post – shiny and new. My brother is a web designer and has very kindly made my blog much more professional for me so i hope you like the new look, not that it’s much different from the other.
Anyway, on to the topic of this post, i have acquired a few tips and tricks along the way of my 15 years of life which i thought id share with everyone today. these are not copied and pasted but come straight from my brain so i apologise if you have seen them before but i will try to make them as original as possible!
- ** To make your candles last longer: **Make sure that (especially when you first burn it) the wax melts all the way to the edge of the candle. If it doesn’t, you will end up with a ring of candle wax around the edge which you can no longer burn, so it’s a bit of a waste.
- **To keep your makeup drawer more organised: **Use cutlery drawers to organise your makeup into sections and categories, this helps when you quickly need to grab an item instead of rummaging. It could also be useful for things like tools or baking condiments etc.
- **To keep on top of work: **If you have a lot of work on a daily basis, fashion a graph of this sort-url and do the things in the top left and top right boxes as soon as you get home, depending on how much you have to do. Thank you to my sister in law, Kristina for this idea!
- **To keep your pizza crispy when reheating: **Fill a glass with water and plonk it in the microwave along with your pizza to prevent the sogginess of the dough that none of us want.
- **To make an instant hot chocolate with less lumps: **Put your desired amount of hot chocolate powder in your mug first, then pour only a small amount of hot water/milk in slowly and stir until evenly dissolved. Then fill the rest of the mug with your hot liquid
- **To get the best background pictures ever: **Go to Unsplash on Google, you can find the best high resolution photographs with the freedom to use them anywhere on anything. A big thanks to my brother, who’s fabby tech blog is jamiegoodwin.uk ,for introducing me to this 🙂
- **To get permanent marker/sharpie out of things: **Use either- hand sanitizer (rubbing alcohol), nail polish remover (acetone), or white vinegar.
- **To make a brilliant iced coffee: **Pour some brewed coffee into ice cube trays and freeze them over night then add to your iced coffee so it doesn’t get watered down. To make a slush type iced coffee, only leave in the ice cubes for a couple of hours until they are slightly iced and crush them into your drink. yummy!
- **To prevent sprinkles from going everywhere: **When decorating cupcakes, put each one in a small bowl to catch the sprinkles that run away, in order to put them back into the tube. For a bigger cake, place it on a large piece of paper then do the kiddie glitter trick when you bring the two parallel edges together to form a U shape and let them slide back into the sprinkle tube.
- **To keep your handbag spit spot: **Get yourself a cheap bag insert from amazon with many pockets and compartments so you have an organised handbag instead of always finding gubbins everywhere. Also, if you fancy changing up your handbag all you have to do is grab the insert with all your things inside and transfer it to a different bag.
- **To put yourself in a good mood: **Blast some of your favourite feel good songs, old ones are always the best, just dance around singing the lyrics and enjoy yourself.
- **To be more productive after school: **DO NOT go on any technology because you will fall into a black hole of all things internet which isn’t good when really you should be doing homework or revision. do the things you need to do as soon as you get home to get them out of the way.
That is it for my random tips for now, as i find new ways to get around things i will add to this list so check up on this post every once in a while. The next blog post might be seasonally themed as we edge into spring so i would appreciate any suggestions of things you’d like to read.
thank you for visiting, come again! – Siana xxx
Subscribe to Velvet Navy
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox