Hello and welcome to my New Year’s resolutions post! I’m not great at sticking to my New Year’s resolutions but I still make a list of them each year. I have actually started trying to get into the habit of a few of these early this time so that I am ready to ease them into the New Year rather than trying to drastically change my life and failing.
So here they are:
- Make my bed every day, I’m so bad at making my bed and won’t do it for weeks if i’m honest. Which is really bad because it starts my day out messy.
- Drink enough water everyday (I now have an app for this to help me stay on top of it)
- Watch or listen to something new, interesting and educating each day such as a podcast or my favourite- TED talks.
- Do a little bit of revision each day. I’m not talking about an hour of work but maybe ten minutes of a specific thing that I don’t quite fully grasp the concept of or something that I know needs a lot of reiterating.
- Read more! I love reading and finding interesting books but I can never find the time, I want to read a little bit most nights before bed, which leads on to my next point…
- Put my phone down at 9:00, I think this is the resolution that I will break the quickest but I want to at least try, I want to have an hour before bed when I can wind down and have a bath, listen to some music, or read! It will really help my sleeping which is much needed for the upcoming year.
- Reduce the stress!!! I need to be focusing a lot more on reducing my stress because this year’s stress levels were definitely much higher than they should have been and I can only imagine that next year they will be through the roof and into space. Would you be interested in a stress relief blog post? because I have a feeling there might be one coming your way soon.
- Be positive! I am someone who can easily notice one tiny negativity and blow it way out of proportion so that when something else negative happens, my life is over, everyone hates me, I hate everything and the world is ending. This quite clearly is never the actual case but that’s what I think happens. So each day I want to think of something positive that happened, something to look forward to and something that i’m grateful for.
- Do more exercise, without letting it stress me out. I often set out to do more exercise and then get upset or annoyed when I don’t fulfill that goal. It’s understandable that sometimes I won’t or can’t do it, and that’s okay!
- Be tidier and more organised. A tidy life equals a tidy mind and I know that when my bedroom is a mess, often so is my brain. I did a massive clear out yesterday and managed to fill a bin bag full of rubbish and unwanted and unused things. My bedroom looks so much tidier and more spacious. I’m not great at keeping everything tidy but let’s see how it goes.
Thank you for taking the time to read my New Year’s resolutions, I hope you’ve had an amazing year and Christmas! I wish you all the best for next year especially if, like me, you are going to be doing exams! Thank you so much for the support you give by reading my blog and I hope to see you again with another blog post in the new year. Please leave links in the comments if you are a fellow blogger who has done this post, I know a lot of us will have done.
Bring on 2018…
Happy New Year!
Lots of love,
Subscribe to Velvet Navy
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox