Hello and welcome to blogmas day 6 where I will be going through the recipes to the 3 hot drinks mentioned in yesterday's post.
- Gingerbread latte
- Put 2 heaped teaspoons of coffee granules into a caffetiere, followed by 1/2 tsp of ground ginger, and a sprinkle of allspice
- Fill the caffetiere with hot water until there is enough for your mug
- Leave for 10 minutes (or less depending on your preferred strength) before plunging the caffetiere
- Pour the coffee into a mug with your chosen amount of milk and sugar or syrup
Alternatively, you could just be lazy like me and make a coffee with some 'Monin' gingerbread syrup.
- The ultimate hot chocolate
- Begin by filling your mug with milk and warming it up to your chosen hot temperature
- Gradually mix 2 heaped teaspoonfuls of hot chocolate powder into the drink until smoothly dissolved (alternatively you could melt cooking chocolate into the milk using a pan)
- For extra pazazz you could add a dash peppermint, vanilla or caramel syrup
- Top it off with a big dollop of whipped cream, a sprinkle of chocolate and a few mini marshmallows or even a candy cane!
- Salted caramel latte
- Begin with a pre-made coffee
- In a separate cup, mix hot milk with golden or caramel syrup and a pinch of salt and stir until smooth
- Pour the milk concoction into the coffee and top with foamy milk and a pretzel or fudge pieces
Thank you for joining me on day 6 and I hope you enjoyed and will use these recipes to keep you cosy through winter.
Love, Siana xxx
Subscribe to Velvet Navy
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox