Hello and welcome to “Christmas Media” where I will be talking about and listing my favourite Christmas bits and bobs all across the media each year. It is now officially December!!! So grab a hot drink, candy cane, mince pie, or chocolate and a blanket, and enjoy the Christmas joy of the media.
List some of your favourite Christmas songs:
I absolutely love Christmas songs! (I mean, who doesn’t?) So here are a few of my favourites and to see the rest of them, check out my Christmas list on spotify
- Fairytale of New York
- Merry Christmas everyone
- Do they know it’s Christmas?
- Merry xmas everybody
- Santa tell me
- Last Christmas
- Step into Christmas
- All I want for Christmas is you
- Have yourself a merry little Christmas
List some of your favourite Christmas films:
Of course, another Christmas essential to get into the festive spirit are films!!! Christmas films are just brilliant and ever so exciting in the lead up to Christmas, they have a cosy, homey feeling and bring so much joy to a plain day. So here are a few of my favourites.
- Love actually
- Bridget Jones’ Diary
- National Lampoons’ Christmas vacation
- The Grinch
- Home Alone
- The Polar Express
- The Holiday
- The Santa Clause
Write here about any other Christmas things in the media:
Now here are a mixture of a load of bits and bobs that just make Christmas brilliant within the media, enjoy!
- Pinterest- I absolutely love adding beautiful Christmas themed pins to my Christmas pinboard, it’s so aesthetically pleasing and gives me inspiration for Christmas
- The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily- I attempted to read this book last year but unfortunately I bought it a little late and didn’t manage to get far through it before Christmas was over. So this year I have started again and it’s soooo lovely! An adorable story of love, Christmas and self discovery
- Adverts- Don’t we all get excited for Christmas adverts? Especially John Lewis I must say! Although this year’s JL advert seems to disappoint quite a few people, personally I think it’s so cute! However I can’t deny that i’ve loved every one that i’ve seen
- Norad Santa tracker- I used to go on this every year on Christmas Eve and it’s so fun to get all excited and keep the spirit by watching where Santa is travelling. It shows you where he is in the world on his journey to every awaiting home
- Christmas blog posts!!!- Who doesn’t love reading people’s blog posts about Christmas? Especially those who treat us to Blogmas. I have to say I have been particularly liking Love, Soph, Glossy Belle and Louloves. Please let me know on instagram or in the comments if you are doing blogmas or if you want me to check out your Christmas blog posts, I love discovering new and exciting bloggers.
I hope this gave you some inspiration for Christmas and the upcoming festivities, let me know if you would like me to do a particular blog post topic or feel free to ask me any questions via instagram or twitter. Lots of Love,
Christmas word count: 31 (Can you tell I love Christmas? (That makes it 32) )
Subscribe to Velvet Navy
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox